Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gnome Gazettes

Sad news today out of the Great Smoky Mountains, Gilbert the Gnome is missing and presumed dead. While tubing down the Little River Gilbert was thrown from his tube and never resurfaced. "It rained the previous day in the mountains and the river was very high." states Ranger Smith of the gnome rescue squad. "We see this all the time, they normally float down the river, but when the water gets high, they can't keep their little heads above water."



Caretaker J Dog was distraught over the situation. "He was riding with me and we hit a concrete wall and as I spun around it I was thrown and that's when he was lost. I thought I felt his legs break off then his head."



The loss of Gilbert has caused a wave of sadness from the gnome world. Even the Travelocity Gnome sent his condolences.Gilbert is survived by his wife Glenda. Services will be held later this week.

No comments: